Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Loss

Last year my phone rang and it was a call that my cousin Eric was in the hospital actually he was being sent to a hospital in Nashville, His kidneys were shutting down, It didnt look good for him. I was debating on making the trip to Nashville to see him, other family members were on their way, Uncle David and Lil David I knew for sure where headed to see Eric, just in case, I hated to hear those words, but he is our cousin our family and those that could get there were headed to show him their love in person, the rest of us stayed, we prayed, we hoped, we begged God to give him a nother try at life a life that he had chosen to take a tough bumpy road in a life he had so much talent and gifts in. Eric was a rebellious soul against himself....seems us Andrews know how to do that. With in days we heard he was improving but it would be a long road, at this time I dont recall how much time had passed but it was mearly months when the phone call came in again, A family relay phone to phone another member, this time as I thought it was going to be about Eric instead it was that Lil David had passed, His heart. .....I was crushed, David had some heart issues that he was living with, he had a pacemaker and was living his life to the fullest as he did best, and now at such a young age he was gone. Eric was still in recovery, I spoke with him for a bit one day on the phone and he was hoping to make the trip up for David funeral, they were close cousins, living together for a period of time even. Eric left the nursing care program to make the long haul to say goodbye to his loved cousin. Its been a long year, missing a family member but going on about life with its ups, its downs and its all around messes, blessings....just living and learning, trying our best to learn the lessons we are to learn while we are here, My own health stillin recovery and new life taking shape. The weekend came and Saturday hit with a blast of cold, a bike ride to the St Patricks parade, friends, good times...I checked my phone to see a message...Eric is in a coma, not doing well, airflight to Nashville....OMG NO.......Eric was gone from his body and machines took over where his soul had left. The family that was close to him had to make a hard decision to let his body go and allow Eric to rest in peace, to go to the heavens to be with our cousin Lil Dave, our amazing unconditional loving Grandpa and Grandma Andrews as well as the others in our families that have gone before us. Oh the party that is going on up there in Gods house....Good luck God, they come with twinkles in their eyes, love in their hearts and mischief in the seat of their pants. But they knew what is above us all, what is more powerful than us, I pray they made it, that they are all there waiting for me when I get to go back home, I cant wait to see them all again, to hug and love the way us Andrews do, and adoration for family no matter what the distance or time has taken from each of us. I miss you cousins of mine and I cant wait to see you again, Peace Love Joy
Eric

Lil David

No comments:


Dont blame your momma for everything!

my Life

the other list


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Who's stopping in