Thursday, June 05, 2008

it doesnt seem like it was all that long ago



There's a black-top road, a faded yellow center line , It can take you back to the place, but it can't take you back in time


You can dream about it every now and then, but you cant go home again, these are just our memories from an easier time, well then it was , and now that I know what I know.
Seems to change everything
I love to go back over old photos of my childhood with my siblings, we had some fun, underneath all this tough skin I have grown, there is a little girl with wet pink tails from running in a sprinkler, or from a homemade slip and slide, riding big wheels and excited to see the snow cone lady coming with her squirts of colored sugar water on top of some shaved ice, the ice cream man with the push ups, my sister loved the foot with the bubble gum toe.
I was picking songs to add to my little ol blog and thought of some good ones, then got to thinking why not write about why I picked these little buggers.


Flies on the butter is by Wynonna Judd, my sister was big into the Judds, one year she said you have to listen to this song, it reminds me of us and our childhood. The lyrics sparking memories of the times we got to lick delicious treats from the spoon, The heat of a summer day, and being at the lake house with my uncles big dog plopped in front of the big fan. Us kids running , jumping the railroads ties that were used as steps to get to the lake, how we didn't break our necks while doing so. Watermelon eating on the back porch and ice cream making when evening came at the lake was the best. The adults would then play cards for coins and us kids would play for pretzels. HA we did have some great times at the lake.


These days were so long ago, yet seem like yesterday. Good memories are what I hope to remember now and let go of the pains that made me a tough chick in my teenage/young adulthood years. I catch myself watching my kids and looking at their photos, I love photos, thinking and hoping for them to have wonderful memories and times to talk about and them not all include, "Remember the other time when mom lost her mind and pulled her hair out!"


We can take the road back to our home,but we can't go back in time, just enjoy the memories, you can relive them over and over, but really, truly who would go back and do it ALL again. I will stick with the good stuff, licking the spoon, swimming in the Ozarks, chasing lightening bugs, and running in the rain puddles that would flow like rivers down our street, ice skating on the pond behind our house, walking to the mall, dad chopping his ice cubes, that's another story for another time, HA.

No comments:


Dont blame your momma for everything!

my Life

the other list


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Who's stopping in