Thursday, January 08, 2009

Thursday with the boys

well today has been a good day with the kids, we got Brenden from school and brought him home to start home school work while Devin and I ran a few errands. Brenden got all his work done pretty fast and is preparing for his Social Studies vocabulary test tomorrow, he finished his chapter over Greece and we found some videos for him to watch on the history channel website. They covered the war era of Greece which is what Brenden is in to, he then drew out some sketches of a Trojan horse and another of a solider. He is a wonderful artist that I look forward to watching grow in his talent.
We are planning a field trip to the Magic House, we thought tomorrow but I have to meet with school to go over his progress at home, and I am pleased to say he has
97.2% A in Reading, 95.7% A in Math, and 92.5% A in Social Studies
He is mighty proud of himself too. Brenden is going to take a week off from Social Studies next week so I can teach him about note taking and organization, this weekend I will be out of town with my neighbor girlfriends and I hope to use some of that time to brain storm ideas.
I think we will do the field trip next week and try to get big daddy to join us for a few hours, it is always nice to have Brad along for a kid outing, beings he is a big kid himself.
The day proceeded with getting laundry done, playing and goofing with the kids when we had free time.
As I am typing this Devin has gotten in to our plant at the bottom of the steps and this time it is not only on the floor but up about four steps so I had to stop to clean up with Brenden's help and sent Devin without a spanking, that took control, off to his room. That is the safe place for his toosh right now.
Anywho here are some photos to share, note the sword fighting was yesterday.
Today Brenden took a magazine to look through and Devin got one too and climbed up next to Brenden stating " I yub BB!"
then we played with the puffy balls as you see the last photo, Devin will not let me pick them up, he says "No ma ma" I think he is testing me!! he knows this mess is not easy for me to look at.....




No comments:


Dont blame your momma for everything!

my Life

the other list


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Who's stopping in