Thursday, January 22, 2009

Today is a new day




Dear Lord, I need Your shield of victory to protect me from discouragement. I pray that You would extend Your right hand to sustain me; Your grace to strengthen me; and Your wisdom to lead me. Thank You for Jesus, who stooped down to make me great because of Your great love for me. Today, I find a new starting place with You. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

there is a book I have come across and I am interested in reading it, the preview states this
Your experience as a mother and a woman is influenced by the mothering you received. If inconsistency or neglect was part of that - or if you realize you're missing something important in your skills as a mom - you need a healthier vision of how wonderful motherhood can be. From her own experience, Suzie Eller provides you a godly, nurturing model. As she walks beside you, she shows you... - How to move beyond the fear that you'll pass on damaging patterns to your children. - Ways to forgive, let go, and leave your parenting baggage in the past. - How to give your kids the gift of good memories and a great future. The past leaves its mark, but so do the hope, forgiveness, and courage to change that God gives. You can celebrate His healing power.. and all that can and will be done in your life as you become the mom you want to be.

Sounds like a book I want to read, I am not perfect and I know that really no one is except the mighty one himself but if I can continue to surround myself with inspiration, my friends who inspire me, the books and verses that inspire me, even my children, probably are the most that inspire me, as strange as that can seem at times, but they are why I am a mom and why I want to be a better mom. I have to let go of anger. That is going to be hard, but I hope easier than I thinkIt sucks that our childhood can have such a strong hold on us for so many years. I have worked through so much of it too. But hormones kick in and I forget all that I have learned.
The journey of my life in mothering continues

1 comment:

robbieniccum said...

oh, I need to read that.


Dont blame your momma for everything!

my Life

the other list


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Who's stopping in