Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Getting the movies together

Well back in the day before kids and a husband I worked for Blockbuster, my sister and I both did and we were movie buffs to say the least, between the two of us and mom we had seen almost every movie out there at that time, Mom started buying up movies as well as my sister, I soon followed, though I didn't just buy to buy, I bought what I liked. okay sometimes I bought because it was cheap.
well some of those movies are long gone but I still have a good size collection.
Once kids and life took over I stopped buying, I don't even rent these days. I do try to go to my sisters one night a week for movie & popcorn night, and she does all the renting. She still finds time for movies, I don't know how, but she does.
So with this basement finishing job we took an empty corner and rather than make it just a wall we decided to use the tiny space as a movie closet. Trust me that is all the bigger it is, nothing else could enter this space. So I started yesterday and Brenden is adding to it today, moving in the movies that are scattered throughout the house. I even have a pile of movies that need to find a new home. As good as they are I will more than likely never watch again, either too sad, or too much like another, or I already know the end and that is what made it so good, and really I need to free up some space for newer flicks (already?). These are all VHS so they take up some space
Then while going through my DVD pile, I found that at one point I had thrown away a ton of cases (thinking how easy to put them all in one binder, or 10 since I don't have a closet for them to stay in, little did I know huh) well for now the
DVD binders will have to keep working, but maybe someday I will find a bag full of DVD cases that I didn't actually throw out.
That would be a miracle!

we are trying to catagorize them from bottom to top,( what you can not see is that this closet is extra wide, so the shelves go behind the walls atleast one stack of movies on the left and more than you could reach on the right which is holding some of those rarely watched movies.
we have Kids and Family bottom two shelves, 3rd shelf Action (Big Daddy Movies), 4th shelf Comedy we all love, 5th shelfDrama (Momma flicks) and top shelf contains self made stuff, animal documentaries, science fiction, health and fitness, and educational

No comments:


Dont blame your momma for everything!

my Life

the other list


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Who's stopping in