Wednesday, July 30, 2008

little memories

I am missing my Grandma, maybe my youth, my young youth
I was pouring some applesauce and this memory ran through my head, eating dinner wtih my Grandma, either side, but more so my Grandma Dixie. She was perfect, or is that proper. Things were just right with her, my Grandma Andrews, she was down home, smoker, snuggles, love, a green thumb, fishing, camping.
Grandma Dixie was hotels, lake house, new cars, ironed clothes, yes mam.
Anyway back to my point, I was pouring the applesauce and was taken back to summers at the lake house, when applesauce came out of a pretty bowl and spoon with cinnamon sprikled on top.
When dinner was brought to the table and not a buffet by the stove. When I finished a hot meal when it was hot.
When I smell bacon it is the same feeling, youth and the lake house. Things are so different now, it is me cooking it and cleaning it and trying to keep up with the adult conversations when family is here, the kids running and playing and having the memories being built in their precious minds. I guess that is why I am such a fanatic for photographs, capturing those moments that we forget about later.
My grandma and pa Andrews would do fish fries, I remember that smell and thinking yuck. But loving the rest of the food and sitting on the blankets at Spanish Lake park. Or going to their house and eating cereal from those individual boxes, those were awesome.
Childhood, so precious and so far away. Great memories though.
Grandma Dixie in the middle, the beautifully dressed lady, I in the front with long dress

This was the dock of Grandma Dixie and Her Brother Richards Summer Lake Home where we grew up going to.

My siblings and I at Grandpa and Grandma Andrews house, Grandma in the tiny kitchen behind us, oh those red couches, HA

This was my Grandma Andrews, Grandpa I cut out, he has this look to him that is too funny, he didnt know he was in the photo, anyway they adored all their grandkids, no matter how we were.
Amazing both sides of my family are from two different worlds. The well off, educated side and the labor, not so well off side. Both loved us though and that is all that matters.

No comments:


Dont blame your momma for everything!

my Life

the other list


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Who's stopping in